5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago#2668by krogh
Due to a large number of feeds, I've started invoking feedcron.php from cli, as described somewhere in the forum.
This method seems to reset the hits counter for all items, but only sometimes (with a few days interval)
Does anyone have an idea about what could be the reasen and how to fix it, or at least debug it?
Update: It seems like the hit counters are reset the first time feedcron.php is invoked from cli after it has been invoked through apache.
In other words, if I manually updates the feeds from the administration gui, the next time my cron job runs, all hits are set to zero.
I guess it requires a deeper knowledge of the datamodel of each feed than I currently have.
I the meantime I've found your cron.pl script in the dutch documentation (you should really mention this in the english doc as well), and it has been running last night without resetting the hit counters.
I'll conclude on that experiment when it has run a few days.
Also I'll take a look at how unique items are identified for each feed.