Skip to main content

Can't get a menu and results at one page

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #3145 by W-mdr90
Hello Bram,

Recently i'm working on a website with information about Cyprus and I also want to show vacations. I download the component for Joomla 3 and I saw your demo vacation page at: demos.affiliatefeeds.nl/shop/ .

At the left (on your demo site) you have some navigation and in the center of the page the results are shown. I also want to create a page like this, but I am confused. I believe you create a really nice component and I don't want to give up on it, but I don't know what to do..

So what I have now is one page where results are shown. You can see this in the attachment. I don't know what to do to get the navigation at the left.

I think I don't get the right structure in my head. Can you maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I should do to get the page I want? I have no worries about the layout (i like to change css documents :)), but only about the structure.

Thanks.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by W-mdr90.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #3152 by redactie
did you check the affiliatefeeds.nl/step-by-step-guide.html

i think that one depicts the first steps you need.

(document is under slow progress)

More
10 years 1 month ago #3159 by W-mdr90
Thanks for the quick answer.

I got it better now, but it's not working yet. This alinea says:

"Leave the rest untouched save and head over to the front and visit the newly created menu. You should see the items from the feed now, it might be messy with travel and flowers from both feeds mixed up. We will get to that later. Now let's add a navigation menu first."

I do not see any results on my page when I select a template that I made myself. If I select the template 'Beez3' or 'Protostar' I do get results. Are there any div classes (or so) that I need to include in my own template? The relevant part of my template for that page looks like:

HTML:
<!--vergelijker-->
<div id="vergelijker" >
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="position_vergelijker" style="xhtml" />
<div id="vergelijker_menu"><p>Here I want a navigation where visitors can select (price, date, rating etc.). If they select something the results must be changed it column at the right of this column</p><jdoc:include type="modules" name="position_vergelijker_menu" style="xhtml" /></div>
<div id="content"><jdoc:include type="modules" name="position_comdatafeeds" style="xhtml" /></div>
</div>
</div>

I thought maybe if i call the div 'content' or 'com_datafeeds' it will work, but it doesn't.

Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

More
10 years 1 month ago #3160 by redactie
in joomla each module must be assigned to a module position.

each templates uses it's own names for module positions. Yours should be 'osition_vergelijker'

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #3167 by W-mdr90
Hmmm.. so I need to create more than one module? One module for the navigation and one module for the results?

In the attachment is the page shown, when I create two modules (the navigation has the layout 'autosubmit' and the results have the layout 'likefulllist').

Is this the right way?

If so, when I select some options in the navigation menu and press 'Show' the results doesn't change to my selection..
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by W-mdr90.

More
10 years 1 month ago #3169 by W-mdr90
Hi Bram,

I almost figured out. I think I know when it's not working. That is directly after making a menu-item (so not yet working with modules). If I select 'Beez3' or 'Protostar' (so a template that you get with the Joomla installation) I do get results. But when I select my own template that I made, there are no results at all.

Screen5: Backend. I choose 'Beez3' for example
Screen6: Results in the menu item on the frontend
Screen7: Backend. I choose my own template I made
Screen8: There are no results

Do you think I forgot something in the template I made myself? Do you maybe know what is going wrong?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds