Skip to main content

Navigation pulldown automatic update

More
11 years 4 months ago #1554 by alexey1981
Hello, when using a standard template (beez20), if the navigation pulldown is used, the selection is automatically updated in the content.NO need to click update and the green bar of loading can be seen.However, when using other templates it is necessary to click update and the green bars can no longer be seen. I am not very happy with having to click now.

Is there any call command that can be embedded somewhere in the other templates to get the navigation to work as originally?

Many thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1556 by redactie
the (ajax I assume) autosubmit should work with any template.
it requires mootools, maybe it's not included somehow.

any javascript errors? or please post a site url

More
11 years 4 months ago #1558 by alexey1981
The ajax exactly. I checked the error console and you are right, it shows warnings related with an unknown -moz-opacity for this template.
The website is: www.gangaloca.es

Is there anything I can do? Otherwise I will go for another template
Thanks

More
11 years 4 months ago #1559 by alexey1981
I understand this is just the change of colour, but I will continue digging.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1560 by redactie
First : the com_datfeeds div had gone, this one is needed for the ajax call to work

Second : jquery conflicts ( most likely it's not easy to debug ) with mootools. I think using both mootoold and jquery on the same site is a bad idea. Joomla uses mootools so stick to it. ( joomla is moving over to jQuery so I will migrate the ajax module as well, however I want to rework the whole thing so it will take a while)

update: your template loads two different version of jquery ( 1.5 and 1.7) the first goes into the 'noconflict' mode the second doesn't so it conflicts with mootools.

So: shoot the designer of your template for using jquery twice, the shoot him/her again for not properly implementing jQuery knowing that joomla uses mootools. Then finally shoot once more for changing the structure of the site by modifying div id's
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by redactie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexey1981

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1562 by alexey1981
Ok, hehehe I will grab the machine gun and go for it.

I will switch to another template.

Thanks a lot!!

By the way the tempalte comes from : https://joomlaskins "dot" net/ So that people are aware
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by alexey1981.

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds