Skip to main content

Date format

More
11 years 1 month ago #2092 by robidos
Replied by robidos on topic Re: Date format
try this one, you can choose the format, go to php.net/date for info
Code:
## demo date change 'menu_x' to your liking # callback script is the funtion below # this way you can juse nldatum for more callbacks (on the same menu_x) # no copyrights, used source: php.net/date & joomla.org & affiliatefeeds.nl function nldatum(&$item) { generic_cb($item); $date = date_create($item['menu_2']); $item['menu_2']=date_format($date, 'd-m-Y'); } ### callback # this way you can add more functions like above function kortinga_cb(&$item) { nldatum($item); //add more todo functions } ##########################

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2093 by redactie
Replied by redactie on topic Re: Date format
Thee date solution of robidos is correct and ake robust compared to the explode and strip solution I provided. However the problem is not in the conversion.

The 'list x' fields are used as-is from the raw data and collected in the generic_cb. So whatever you do after the generic_cb will not affect the list fields.

Solution is to convert the date before the generic_cb and use the raw field names.

Code:
function strip_cb(&$item) { list($item['valid_from'],$trash)=explode(' ',$item['valid_from']); generic_cb($item); }

Disadvantage is that you will need a cusotm parser for each feed with a different date-field-name

More
11 years 1 month ago #2095 by nikos13
Replied by nikos13 on topic Re: Date format
First of all I would like to thank you both of you for your time. I will have access on my pc on Monday so I will inform you about the result. I have a positive feeling!

Thank you again and keep up the good work.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2117 by nikos13
Replied by nikos13 on topic Re: Date format
Hello to the forum! Bram was right!!! I would like to thank you Bram and robidos for your time...

Keep up the good work and thank you again!

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds