Skip to main content
For reference only. Please use a different board for new questions

Adding sort options to the items display

More
12 years 2 months ago - 10 years 1 month ago #263 by redactie
Below is a bit of code that adds sort options to a layout

see : [strike]badmode.co/online/Dames.html[/strike]

This code can be added to any component layout.

Should work for the 1.5 and 2.5 versions. However in version prior 2.5.1417 you must replace the sort=price with sort=Prijs

The sort parameters are not added to the SEF url. This makes it easier for robots to ignore them.

If you are using Non-sef url's on you site you must ensure the ?sort= are replaced with &sort= where necessary

Simply code to add to a component or module, you an use the dynamic classes to highlight the selected option.
Code:
echo '<div class="sortbar">'; $s=JRequest::GetVar("sort",'','' ); $o=JRequest::GetVar("order",'','' ); $this_page=JURI::current(); print 'Sort on price <a rel="internal nofollow" class="pa_'.$s.'_'.$o.'" href="'.$this_page.'?sort=price&order=asc">low first</a>'; print '&nbsp;-&nbsp;<a rel="internal nofollow" class="pd_'.$s.'_'.$o.'" href="'.$this_page.'?sort=price&order=desc">high first</a>'; print '&nbsp;-&nbsp;<a rel="internal nofollow" class="hd_'.$s.'_'.$o.'" href="'.$this_page.'?sort=hits&order=d">Popular</a>'; print '&nbsp;-&nbsp;<a rel="internal nofollow" class="ad_'.$s.'_'.$o.'" href="'.$this_page.'?sort=adddate&order=desc">New</a>'; echo '</div>';

With pulldown list
Code:
<ul class="nav"> <?php #add to component/module or create as module tmpl : sort_custom.php #for a module this version requires svn:1469. for older version wrap in function $s=JRequest::GetVar("sort",'','' ); $o=JRequest::GetVar("order",'','' ); $this_page=JURI::current(); $list=array( ''=>'Pick one', '?sort=price&order=asc'=>'Price Low', '?sort=price&order=desc'=>'Price High', '?sort=hits&order=desc'=>'Populair', '?sort=items_id&order=desc'=>'New' ); print '<li class="dropdown datamenuli">'; print '<select class="datamenubtn" onchange="if ( this.value.length>0 ) document.location=this.value;return false">'; foreach ( $list as $k => $v ) { $selected=( "?sort=$s&order=$o" == $k ) ?'selected':''; print '<option value="'.$this_page.$k.'" '.$selected.'>'.$v.'</option>'; } ?> </select> </li></ul>
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by redactie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: radekolbas, godfather, mackelito, Jort

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #354 by sidewind
Bram,

The link doesn't work...

Greetz.

Sander

Joomla versie: 2.5.28 & 3.4.3
Datafeed component versie: 2.5.2038 & 3.1.2072

www.kledingstunts.nl
www.bestelsuperdeals.nl

test shop: test.superdeals-online.nl

More
12 years 2 months ago #355 by redactie
What link? the example page @ badmode.co?

works fine for me

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #356 by sidewind
Bram,

Yes the example page link. Weird.

I get: De server op www.badmode.co doet er te lang over om te antwoorden.

I want to check where in the layout you put the code.
[strike]Now i put it above the pagination in my default_shop.php
Also under it i can't get it to show.[/strike]
Solved.. is shows up now.

Greetz.

Sander

Joomla versie: 2.5.28 & 3.4.3
Datafeed component versie: 2.5.2038 & 3.1.2072

www.kledingstunts.nl
www.bestelsuperdeals.nl

test shop: test.superdeals-online.nl
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sidewind.

More
12 years 1 month ago #429 by Jort
Is it possible to add these options to the mod_datamenu in one selectbox perhaps?

So my first options will be the default data_menu options i have selected in the backend and the last selection is on price, popularity or newest or oldest items.

More
12 years 1 month ago #432 by redactie
I added an example with a pulldown menu to the first post in this topic

I deleted some obsolete post
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jort

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds