Skip to main content
If you report a bug please specify the joomla and component version.

Total items in menu per category

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1439 by sidewind
Hello,

Can someone tell me how i can show the total of items per categorie in the menu( behind the category name) or somewhere else? I already created a custom module layout default_menu.php. I need the code that makes it possible. Like in ajax.php module layout.

Maybe the code for in a div or something? I already looked in the file ajax.php but can't really figure out what to use of it.

Greetz,

Sander.

Joomla versie: 2.5.28 & 3.4.3
Datafeed component versie: 2.5.2038 & 3.1.2072

www.kledingstunts.nl
www.bestelsuperdeals.nl

test shop: test.superdeals-online.nl
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sidewind. Reason: typo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1441 by sidewind
Hello,

I am a big step further in accomplish my goal.
[strike]The thing what I want to know is if I need the total Java script code mentioned in the ajax.php file?

Or do I only need the parameters that use from the top of the file and the part from <div class="mod_datamenu">?[/strike]

Got it. I accomplished to cut the code down to around 20 lines to show a custom module layout with the total items. It also changes the total when I click on a category. Just like I wanted.
Great what you can do with a custom layout!!

The only thing I want to know is how to put the total behind the categories in the default.php module layout.

Greetz,

Sander

www.kledingstunts.nl
www.bestelsuperdeals.nl

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sidewind. Reason: updated

More
11 years 5 months ago #1555 by sidewind
Bram,

I want to make my home button in the menu to show an article, but then the module with the totals disappears. Is it possible to also show on the home page and show me the totals of my shop?

Greetz,

Sander.

www.kledingstunts.nl
www.bestelsuperdeals.nl

More
11 years 5 months ago #1557 by redactie
Sorry

don't understand the question

if you want to use the mod_datamenu on a non datafeed spage you must enter the default ID in the module configuration. affiliatefeeds.nl/articles/10-moddatamenu/20-mod-datamenu.html

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1563 by sidewind
Bram,

I can't use default ID in the module configuration because there is no datafeeds menu with all the items in the shop. So that doesn't work for what I need.

This is what I have now: [strike]Superdeals Online Shop[/strike]

I want to make a new menu button Home made with the Joomla menu module. That one shows an article then.
Then I want to make a new menu button for every category with the datafeeds menu to show my custom layout menu. In that way I can show different category headers in the menu. Now they are all the same on every page.

As you can see I also have a custom layout for the total items. I like to have that on every page but that also is not possible like you advised.

Thank you.

Greetz,

Sander.

www.kledingstunts.nl
www.bestelsuperdeals.nl

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by sidewind. Reason: removed link

More
11 years 5 months ago #1565 by redactie
your current home page is a datafeeds menu item with 'all' products right?

then you can use that ID as default id, the count-module will use that one only on pages that are not a datafeeds menu.

You can apply a custom header text title etc using affiliatefeeds.nl/articles/10-moddatamen...datafeeds-pages.html

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds