Productfeeds for joomla 3.9/4.x
Package version ( Jooma 3.x and 4.x)
Legacy version ( Joomla 3.x)
What are the differences?
Besides code cleanup and addaption to newer API functions there has been a major change in the database field names.
- All Selectx and menu_x fields are renamed to fieldx. The names are now consistent in both front end as the backend
- Prijs is renamed to price
- href, the product link, is renamed to url
What version to use?
If you are starting from scratch use the package version.
If you are already using the older version je might want to use that version on newer sites as well.
How to migratie?
The new package should install over the old version, updating the database where needed. However it will not
- update template overrides
- update your menu setting
- update your module setting.
- update your code in feeds.php xrouter.php and xhelper.php
Code in template overrides is easily updated by changing the field names as depicted above.
Write down the settings of your menu's en modules before you update. Then update your settings after updating.