Joomla 4.0 Versions
Latest version for Joomla 4: pkg_datafeeds-420.zip
Moving from the packages with version number 4. ( or 400.) to a package with version number 420 might cause issues in your overrides.
the links are created with different functions and parameters. Check the examples in modules/tmpl for How-To's
It is recommended to test the update before moving to a production server.
The latest 4. version: pkg_datafeeds-400.zip
Joomla 3.x (legacy)
Both should run on PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0
If you need help to get started please feel free to ask.
As joomla 2.5 has reached end of life the component is not maintained for this version.
What are the differences?
Besides code cleanup and adaption to newer API functions there has been a major change in the database field names.
- All Selectx and menu_x fields are renamed to fieldx. The names are now consistent in both front end as the backend
- Prijs is renamed to price
- href, the product link, is renamed to url
What version to use?
If you are starting from scratch use the package version.
If you are already using the older version you might want to use that version on newer sites as well.
How to migrate?
The new package should install over the old version, updating:
- the database tables _dataitems and _datafeeds
- updating your menu and module settings for com_datafeeds and mod_datamenu
You will have to change manually
- update template overrides
- update your code in feeds.php xrouter.php and xhelper.php
Code in template overrides is easily updated by changing the field names. In your files you will need to replace array references in objects like $item and $row:
- rename all occurrences of Select[0-19] to field[0-19] (templates,xhelper,xrouter)
- rename all occurrences of menu_[0-19] to field[0-19] (feeds.php)
- rename all occurrences of Prijs to price
- rename all occurrences of href to url
Dont' forget to backup before switching!